Funerals & Cremation
A personal remembrance
Celebrating life is the cornerstone of healing.
Celebrating life is the cornerstone of healing.
We look forward to helping you decide how to honor the unique individual you've lost. Whether you chose burial or cremation, together we will create a service as unique as the life, lived.
Let us guide you
Losing a loved one is one is difficult. Let us help ease the burden with a service as unique as your loved one.
You Need Us
Why funerals are essential to healing.
Bringing family together.
Coming together with friends and family, gives everyone the opportunity to share memories, express emotions, and find comforting support. Whether you choose burial or cremation, the need for acknowledgement of the loss with family and friends is ever present. Together we can create a unique meaningful ceremony to express the genuine individuality of your loved one.
A place for family & friends to gather.
When selecting burial, the ceremonies you design revolve around the casket being present. Traditions may be followed, with a viewing, and then a funeral service in the chapel. Or you could choose to have a more relaxed memorial service. We’re here to help you to arrive at the perfect way to gather together, prior to your loved one's interment.
Cremation doesn't limit their life celebration.
Cremation refers solely to the manner in which you or your loved one has chosen to deal with the physical remains. It doesn’t limit the ways you can honor your loved one's life. We heartily suggest that you have a funeral or memorial service, because your need for such a healing experience is not lessened by the decision to be cremated.
Traditional. Profound. Healing.
We can help you design a meaningful and healing committal service to take place at the graveside. These services can take place outdoors or even inside a mausoleum. We'll guide you through the process of personalizing both the service and the site in multiple ways.
What Families Are Saying
Kim Meyers was an exceptional Funeral Director. She anticipated and answered all of my questions and took a huge burden off of me. The service was lovely and everyone at Skyway was accommodating. I would highly recommend them.Brenda Crist 5 stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Thank you so much for EVERYTHING. You are a very compassionate man. You helped me deal with dad's death better than I could have ever expected. Just taking the time for these videos shows that, even though the service is done, you still took extra time...bless you. Again, thanks for your help, J.CJ.C 5 stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Dean - On behalf of P. and D. J. and my husband L.,and myself, we want to thank you very much for helping us every step of the way following the death of our mother, D.H. Your understanding and patience throughout the process eased things for us considerably.P.H. 5 stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Tracey - On behalf of P. and D. J. and my husband L., I want to convey our thanks for your assistance in arranging things there at Skyway Memorial after the death of our mother, D.H. Again we appreciate your helpfulness at such a sad time for our family.P.H. 5 stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Tracy, Dean and Staff - We want to thank you for everything you did for our daughter, D.W.'s service. At a time when there is so much grief and heartbreak in our lives it was comforting to have such caring and organized people help us through this difficult time.G. & D. H 5 stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Thank you Tracy for the flowers you put in our vases on Monday ( R.H.) Please understand that we blame no one - we were just surprised to see them gone again! There is no way to control such things in a place that size. We enjoyed the hot dogs. Have a great summer.J.H. 5 stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
The possibilities are endless.
We invite you to explore the many unique ways to celebrate and honor life. Whether you choose burial or cremation, having a service to honor life, and a permanent place to visit remains, are essential parts of the healing process.
Comfort in Tradition.
Together Is Better.
No Place Like Home.
How Would You Like To Be Honored?
A Sporting Celebration.
Keepsakes and Heirlooms.
The Game Goes On.
Take The Stage.
Into The Deep.
Reach for the Stars.
Since every life is unique, we will work with you to plan a personalized tribute that truly honors and celebrates the life lived. Let our funeral professionals help you decide what services are right for you.
A funeral home and cemetery like no other.
Founded in 1951 in Palmetto, we began with a mission to celebrate life and serve families.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The funeral is a ceremony of proven worth and value for those who mourn. It provides an opportunity for the survivors and others who share in the loss to express their love, respect and grief. It permits facing openly and realistically the crisis that death may present. Through the funeral, the bereaved take that first step towards emotional adjustment to their loss.
- Absolutely, in fact, we recommend it. After all, the funeral is a celebration of life. Funeral directors are happy to discuss all options and ensure your funeral is tailored to your wishes. It may be personalized in many unique ways. Contact us at (469) 925-1436 to explore the possibilities.
- There are many reasons to view the deceased. It is part of many cultural and ethnic traditions, and many grief specialists believe that viewing aids the grief process, by helping the bereaved recognize the reality of death. Viewing is even encouraged for children, as long as it is their desire to do so, and the process is explained well.
- Yes! Holding services is an important element of the healing process, and choosing cremation doesn't limit the ways in which you can celebrate life. You can even still have a visitation/viewing with the body present if you chose cremation. These services are encouraged to help give family friends a sense of closure during the grief and healing process.
- We have our own crematory here onsite so your loved one remains in our care.
Get In Touch
Ready to learn more about what offerings are right for you? Fill out the form to get in touch with one of our memorialization specialists.